Supporting Northwest Sound
Our Service to the Community /
Adult Music Education Programs
- Sing, Sing, Sing! – Northwest Sound offers this annual free program to teach adults to sing.
- Barry Knott Memorial Scholarship – Northwest Sound provides a full scholarship each year to the Society’s Harmony University in Nashville, TN.
- Year-Round Music Program for Bellevue Chapter Members – This includes music, printing, learning media, licensing, performance coaching, rehearsal space rental, marketing, professional development, training, etc.
- Annual Shows – Northwest Sound produces shows several times per year featuring different groups from within Northwest Sound, local community choruses, and other local and nationally known a capella performers.
- Featured Appearances – Free or subsidized performances for schools, assisted living facilities, and at community events to benefit the greater Eastside community
- Harmony Explosion – Northwest Sound supports this a cappella summer camp for students through direct donation.
- Harmony Makes A Difference – Music education grant program for attendees at Harmony Explosion
How you can Support Our Programs
Our ability to share our music rests on a sound financial underpinning. Traditionally, Northwest Sound earns most of its income through live performances, but also relies on the generosity of patrons, friends and fans to provide the chorus an extra measure of support.
If you would like to help Northwest Sound continue to touch lives or if you simply enjoy top-quality live choral music performances, we would appreciate your financial support. Your tax-deductible contribution to Northwest Sound makes you a partner with us in our quest to impact lives through music.
We invite you to support Northwest Sound in one of several ways:
- Financial Donation. Click on the Donate button below to make a one-time cash contribution. Because Northwest Sound is a 501C (3) not for profit corporation, your gifts are tax deductible in the year of the gift.
- Sound Foundation Program. Become a Patron of Northwest Sound through our Sound Foundation by supporting the chorus with a more significant cash contribution to support our chorus operations.; You may target your pledge as you wish. To show our appreciation, we are offering a variety of benefits as outlined here ».
» If you would like to become a Sound Foundation Patron, please send us the completed contribution pledge form by mail.
- Matching Gift. If you work for an employer with a matching gift program, your Sound Foundation gift can be doubled at no cost to you and you may receive additional benefits. To find out if your employer participates and the amount they will match, contact your company’s Human Resources Department. We will acknowledge your gift and your employer’s match.
- Targeted Gifts and Bequests. If you would like to target your pledge specifically for music education, you may wish to consider contributing directly or by bequest to the Northwest Sound Endowment Fund, which contributes directly to the chorus to support music education. The Northwest Sound Endowment Fund is managed by trustees and regulated under Washington state law.
- You Shop, You Give.
» Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the charitable organization of your choice.
» AmazonSmile is the same Amazon you know. Same products, same prices, same service.
» Support Northwest Sound by starting your shopping at smile.amazon.com. Learn more about Amazon Smile here »
- Sponsorship. Corporations and individuals who elect to support the arts will sometimes do so with an annual sponsorship on behalf of a favorite arts performing organization. Northwest Sound offers its sponsors free placement on our website and in our show programs. Here’s how to Become A Sponsor of Northwest Sound.